GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA RADESH
Pension – Dearness Relief to Pensioners with effect from 01.07.2010 – Revised
- Orders – Issued.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FINANCE (PENSION-I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.358 Dated: 09.12.2010.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.52, Finance (PC.I) Department, dated 25.02.2010.
2. G.O.Ms.No.100, Finance (Pen.I) Department, dated 06-04-2010.
3. Memo.No.3630/UE.II/2010-2, Higher Education (UE.II) Department, Dt. 07-04-2010.
4. G.O.Ms.No.248, Finance (PC.I) Department dated 07.07.2010.
5. G.O.Ms.No.249, Finance (Pen.I) Department dated 07.07.2010.
6. G.O.Ms.No.356, Finance (PC.I) Department dated 06.12.2010.
O R D E R:
Government hereby order the revision of rates of Dearness Relief sanctioned
in the G.O. 5th read above from 16.264% to 24.824% from 01.07.2010 in respect
(i) those who retired from service after 01.7.2008 and drawing
pension in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010;
(ii) those who retired prior to 01.7.2008 and whose pension was
consolidated in the light of orders issued in the G.O. 2nd read
(iii) those who retired prior to 01.01.1996 drawing UGC Pay Scales
and whose pension was ordered to be consolidated in the light
of orders issued in G.O. (P) No.95, Finance (Pen.I) Department,
dated 01.08.2000 and
(iv) the monetary benefit of Dearness Relief now sanctioned above
shall be with effect from the month of July, 2010.
2. Government also hereby order the revision of rates of Dearness Relief from
73.476% to 88.548% with effect from 01.07.2010 to the Pensioners who are
drawing their pension in Revised Pay Scales, 2005 and not consolidated in terms of
the orders issued in the reference 2nd read above.
3. Government also hereby order the revision of rates of Dearness Relief from
94.07% to 107.158% with effect from 01.07.2010 to the Pensioners who are
drawing their pension in Revised Pay Scales, 1999 and not consolidated in terms of
4. Government also hereby order the revision of rates of Dearness Relief in
respect of pensioners who retired after 1.1.1996 drawing UGC Pay Scales 1996
from 87% to 103% with effect from 01.07.2010 since the Dearness Relief was
regulated upto 1.1.2007 by merging 50% Dearness Relief with basic pension
through G.O (P) No.183 Finance (Pen.I) Department dated 2.8.2007 based on the
orders issued in G.O. (P) No.173 Finance (PC.I) Department dated 23.7.2007.
5. Government also hereby order the revision of rates of Dearness Relief to the
pensioners who retired while drawing UGC Pay Scales 2006 from 01-01-2006 from
35% to 45% with effect from 01-07-2010.
6. These orders are applicable to:
(1) (a) All Government Pensioners in receipt of Service Pensions,
Family Pensions under Revised Pension Rules, 1951, Andhra
Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules, 1961 and Andhra Pradesh
Government Servants (Family Pension) Rules, 1964.
(b) Teaching and Non-Teaching pensioners of Municipalities,
Panchayat Raj Institutions and Aided Educational Institutions,
in receipt of pensions under the Andhra Pradesh Liberalised
Pension Rules, 1961 and Andhra Pradesh Government Servants
(Family Pension) Rules, 1964.
(c) Teaching and Non-Teaching staff in Aided Educational
Institutions in receipt of pensions under the Contributory
Provident Fund-cum-Pension and Gratuity Rules, 1961 and
Andhra Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules, 1961.
(d) Those drawing family pensions under G.O.Ms.No.22, Finance &
Planning (FW: Pen.I) Department, dated 16.1.1971,
G.O.Ms.No.104, Finance & Planning (FW: Pen.I) Department,
dated 13.4.1973 and G.O.Ms.No.25, Finance & Planning (FW:
Pen.I) Department, dated 2.2.1974.
(e) Pensioners in receipt of Compassionate Pension under the rules
for Compassionate Pensions and Gratuities in the Hyderabad
Civil Services Rules; and
(f) Those in receipt of Pensions under the Wound and
Extraordinary Pension Rules.
(2) Jagir and Estate Pensioners and
(3) Pensioners governed by Andhra Pradesh Revised Pension Rules,
7. These orders are not applicable to the financial assistance grantees and
others who are not entitled to Dearness Relief.
8. Ready Reckoner showing the Dearness Relief payable to the State Pensioners
in terms of these orders is annexed.
9. The amount of Dearness Relief shall be rounded off to the next rupee.
10. The arrears of the Revised Dearness Relief to Pensioners shall be paid
along with the pension of December, 2010 payable in January 2011.
11. In the event of death of the pensioner after 01.07.2010 the arrears of
Dearness Relief shall be paid to the legal heirs in lumpsum at a time duly following
12. All the Treasury Officers/ Pension Payment Officers shall work out and make
payments of the Dearness Relief on Pension sanctioned in this order without
waiting for further authorization/ instructions from the Accountant General (A&E),
Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, in terms of the orders issued in the G.O.Ms.No.270,
Finance & Planning (FW: PSC.I) Department, dated 7.10.1986.
13. The expenditure is allocable among the various States in accordance with
provisions of Rule 24 of the incidence of pension rules in Appendix III-B of the
Andhra Pradesh Accounts Code, Volume-I.
14. The categories of employees who are not covered for payment through the
Treasuries, the expenditure shall be debited to the Pension Funds of Zilla
Parishads and Pension funds of the respective Municipal Councils in so far as the
Non-Teaching, Non-Government Pensioners of the Municipalities are concerned
and the relevant Head of Account of Government in so far as the teachers are
15. In respect of the Pensioners of the Universities the expenditure on account
of the Dearness Relief now sanctioned above shall be met from the Block Grants
allotted to them.
16. The orders revising the rates of Dearness Relief in respect of those drawing
A.P Revised Pay Scales, 1986, 1993 and UGC Pay Scales 1986 and whose pension
has not been consolidated, will be issued separately.
17. The G.O is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address
http://www.ap.gov.in/goir. and www.apfinance.gov.in.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FP)