Andhra Pradesh Revised Pension Rules :: Eligibility of Family Pension in Certain Cases

Image by
Eligibility of Family Pension in Certain Cases :

The widows/eligible members of the families of District and Sessions Judges governed by the All India Services (Death-cum-Retirement Benefits) Rules, 1958 and retired/died before 1-4-1978, be allowed Family Pension under Andhra Pradesh Government Servants Family Pension Rules 1964.
(GO Ms.No 506, GA (SC-F) Dept., dated 11-9-1989)

Optaion : - A Government servant who holds a post under the Government on the 29ath October, 1979, on regular basis and who is governed by the civil Service Regulations, Hyderabad Civil Service RAules, Revised Pension Rules 1951, Andhra Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules 1961 or the benefits of drawing pension under the Old Pension Rules under Civil Service Rules reduced by Pension equivalent of the retirement gratuity under the Andhra Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules 1961as the case may be, and the Andhra P{radesh Family Pension Rules 1964, and to whom these rules apply shall be entitled to exercise an option  to continue under the Pension Rules by which he is governed on the 28th October, 1979, or to elect to come to the Andhra Pradesh Revised Pension Rules 1980.

(a) at any time six months prior to the date of retirement on superannuation : or
(b) incases of invalidation from service or voluntary retirement or compulsory retirement, within fifteen days of the said event occurring or 
(c) in the case of those who have already retired subsequent to the 28th October, 1979, within three months from the date of issued of these rules, failing which he shall be deemed to have elected to be governed by thses rules.

The option shall be exercised in the appended form


Anonymous said…
My father was AP govt service pensioner. In the descriptive rolls details of my mother was given for family pension. But subsequently she expired. My sister who is widow is now eligible for the family pension as per 9th PRC. My father wants to nominate her for family pension right now. But we do not how to proceed. When contacted the concerned dist treasury people couldnot guide us. So pl. tell us the procedure to enrol mys sister for family pension.

K.Sreenivasa Rao